Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Reality...

is beginning to set in just a bit after having a few baby things appear over the weekend.  A baby will be sleeping in the pack 'n play that's empty right now, we'll use the bath tub and towels and there will be many hours of book-reading I'm sure.  


As the physical things appear to help get us prepared, I have to think about the more important part of the preparation we need as parents for all the other parts of raising this baby...like patience and teaching and directing our child towards God with our actions and words that he/she will overhear as well as the ones spoken directly. Not to mention the disciplining that will need to occur that also needs to direct Baby towards God and not his/her own selfishness.  Whew!... there is an awesome task before us but with God's wisdom and by His grace, He'll get us through each step of the journey.


We expect to receive baby furniture tomorrow. I'm looking forward to setting that up and finding places for each of the things so generously given. Pictures to follow.


The twice a week visits to the doctor are going well.  Things are looking good they tell me and Baby seems to be having a great time!  The nurse was having a hard time keeping the heart rate on the monitor because Baby was moving around so much. Maybe I shouldn't eat blueberry pancakes for breakfast before my next visit...

1 comment:

EKW said...

Aww such a sweet post :) Was glad I was able to join for your shower! Your sisters in law are wonderful and you looked so happy! :)